Mykonos Island – The island of the winds
Mykonos, famously called “the island of the winds”, because of the strong northern winds (the “meltemia”) that blow in the summer during the day, is the most beloved Greek island.
The intense tourist and cosmopolitan life that always keeps it in the spotlight, inevitably reminds us of the cosmopolitan ancient Delos during the period of its commercial edge (Roman Hellenistic period). Since the 1950s, Mykonos has been one of the most popular tourist islands in the Mediterranean.
The Chora, as the town of Mykonos is commonly known, impresses and charms the visitor from the first moment, with its beautiful position, scale and architecture. Despite the great tourist development of the island, it manages to maintain more than any other island its Cycladic figure and many of its traditional elements.
The reputation of the island and the large number of visitors, among them some of the most important personalities from around the world, generated great commercial development that contributed in making Mykonos Island that famous.
- The world famous windmills of Mykonos Town, with many hotels, bars and restaurants all around
- The notable stairways to the scenic streets of Mykonos
- Paradise Beach with many beach parties
- Paragka Beach, one of the most idyllic in Mykonos
- The church of Agios Charalambos, just beneath the widely known, distinctive windmills of the country
- The lively promenades in the popular and picturesque streets of Mykonos
- The picturesque old harbor
- Little Venice, one of the bustling and most beautiful places of the island
Mykonos Island offers a wide variety of accommodation, from small and charming boutique hotels to large hotel units that can carry out any kind of event.
It is ideally suited for hosting upscaled events, ranging from inspiring business meetings to romantic wedding receptions or elegant private parties.
Mykonos offers numerous resorts with unsurpassed sea views that meet the needs of any high-end corporate event, whether there has to be communication of ideas, introduction of new products or VIP meeting hosting.
Also, there can be organized many other excursion/activities, such as an island tour, a walking orientation tour in Mykonos Chora, a jeep tour in famous beaches and village Ano Mera, a private cruise to Delos and Rhenia islands and many more team building activities.